Thursday, August 24, 2023

Mural Sketch


 I recently got into a conversation with the owner of a preschool. I told him I was trying to make it as an independent artist. He asked me if I would be able and willing to paint a mural for his 'Zen Room" at his preschool. I didn't fully understand the concept of a "Zen Room", but I was definitely on board. 


He asked me when I could do it. I told him I could start the following week, so he messaged me and booked the ticket a few days later. He suggested a week and asked how long it would take me. I didn't know, so I agreed to do it in one week. I was invited to interview with a couple of companies the following week and was asked to do assignments for them. These assignments took three full days and one day was spent preparing and getting ready for an interview and babysitting. 

I collected some reference photos on Pinterest and sent them to Justin. He chose three that he liked and I decided to combine the subject matter of all three, but made it my own. 
I gathered new reference images and combined them into this drawing.
I ended up only having 1 day to do my drawing/sketch and I'm really glad he loved it. Next time I will definitely get started on it right away because you never know what might come up.

No comments: